Terms of Service
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, we hereby grant you a personal, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-assignable, non-transferable license (“License”) to: (i) access and use the Services; (ii) download, install and use the App on a mobile telephone, tablet or device (each a “Device”) that you own or control; and (iii) access and use the App on such Device in accordance with this Agreement.
2. License Restrictions
As a condition to the above license grant, you agree not to, and shall not permit any third party to: (i) sublicense, redistribute, sell, lease, lend or rent the Services; (ii) make the Services or any part thereof available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices owned or operated by different people at the same time; (iii) disassemble, reverse engineer, decompile, decrypt, or attempt to derive the source code of, the Services or any part thereof; (iv) copy (except for back-up purposes), modify, improve, or create derivative works of the Services or any part thereof; (v) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Services or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or that enforce limitations on use of the Services; (vi) remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice or identification, including copyright, trademark, patent or other notices, contained in or displayed on or via the Services; (vii) use any communications systems provided by the Services to send unauthorized and/or unsolicited commercial communications; (viii) use the ScanTask or AgriTask name, logo or trademarks without our prior written consent; and/or (ix) use the Services to violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations, or for any unlawful, harmful, irresponsible, or inappropriate purpose, or in any manner that breaches this Agreement.
In order to use some of the Services' features you will be required to create or use an account (an “Account”). If you create an Account, you must provide accurate and complete information for yourself. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs in your Account, and you must keep your Account password secure. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account.
4. Usage Rules
If you are downloading the App from a third party mobile device platform or service provider (“Distributor”), please be aware that the Distributor may have established usage rules which also govern your use of the App (“Usage Rules”). You acknowledge that, prior to downloading the App from a Distributor, you have had the opportunity to review and understand, and will comply with, its Usage Rules. You represent that you are not prohibited by any applicable Usage Rules and/or applicable law from using the App; if you are unable to make such a representation you are prohibited from installing and/or using the App.
6. Use of the App in a Vehicle
If you are using the App in a vehicle, you agree: (i) to comply with all applicable traffic laws; and (ii) if you are the driver, not to use the App unless your vehicle is stationary and legally parked.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
- Ownership. The Services are licensed and not sold to you under this Agreement and you acknowledge that AgriTask and its licensors retain all title, ownership rights and Intellectual Property Rights (defined below) in and to the Services (and its related software). We reserve all rights not expressly granted herein to the Services and in all data generated by the Services including but not limited to automatic feedback correlated to certain system-detected events, anonymous-data extracts and advance analyses. “Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all rights in and to any and all trade secrets, patents, copyrights, service marks, trademarks, know-how, or similar intellectual property rights, as well as any and all moral rights, rights of privacy, publicity and similar rights of any type under the laws or regulations of any governmental, regulatory, or judicial authority, whether foreign or domestic.
- It is further clarified that any suggestions, feedback, disclosures or other information received from you relating to or concerning the Services (the “Feedback”), will be deemed to be made entirely on a voluntarily basis on your part and we will be free to use all Feedback without any obligation of any kind to you. In addition, all inventions, improvements, and modifications conceived, created, developed, or otherwise made by us based, in whole or in part, on any Feedback, will be the exclusive property of AgriTask, and all right, title and interest in and to any such inventions, improvements, and modifications will vest solely and entirely in AgriTask.
- Content. The content on the Services, including without limitation, the text, information, documents, descriptions, products, software, graphics, photos, sounds, videos, interactive features, and services (the “Materials”), and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”, and together with the Materials, the “Content”), is the property of AgriTask and/or its licensors and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. “ScanTask”, “AgriTask” and the AgriTask logo are Marks of AgriTask and its affiliates. All other Marks used on the Services are the trademarks, service marks, or logos of their respective owners.
- Use of Content. The Content on the Services is provided to you “as is” for your personal use only and may not be used, copied, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, de-compiled, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without our prior written consent. If you download or print a copy of the content you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein.
8. User Submissions
- The Services may permit the hosting, sharing, posting, and publishing of content by you and other users so such content may be posted on the App and Site and shall be made available to users you have authorized to view this information ("User Submissions"). You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, we do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions. You shall be solely responsible for your User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. We have complete discretion whether to publish your User Submissions and we reserve the right without further notice to you, to monitor, censor, edit, remove, delete, and/or remove any and all User Submissions at any time and for any reason. Ownership. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary rights and permissions to use and authorize us to use all Intellectual Property Rights in and to your User Submissions, and to enable inclusion and use thereof as contemplated by this Agreement. You retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions.
- Exposure. You understand and acknowledge that when accessing and using the Services: (i) you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and that we are not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or Intellectual Property Rights of, or relating to, such User Submissions; and (ii) you may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against us with respect to (i) and (ii) herein.
- Disclosure. We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any User Submission or any other information that we obtain in connection with the Services as we reasonably believe is necessary to: (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, subpoena or governmental request, (ii) enforce this Agreement, including investigation of potential violations of it, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to your user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of AgriTask, our users or the public.
- Prohibited Content. You agree that you will not send, display, post, submit, publish or transmit a User Submission that: (i) is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction; (ii) is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights; (iii) creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with an investigation by law enforcement; (iv) impersonates another person; (v) promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking; (vi) is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, or is otherwise dishonest, inaccurate, inappropriate, malicious or fraudulent; (vii) involves theft or terrorism; (viii) constitutes an unauthorized commercial communication; (ix) contains the contact information or any personally identifiable information of any third party unless you have first obtained the express consent of said third party to include their contact information or personally identifiable information; and/or (x) breaches this Agreement.
9. Third Party Open Source Software
Portions of the Services may include third party open source software that is subject to third party terms and conditions (“Third Party Terms”). If there is a conflict between any Third Party Terms and this Agreement, then the Third Party Terms shall prevail but solely in connection with the related third party open source software. Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement to the contrary, AgriTask makes no warranty or indemnity hereunder with respect to any third party open source software.
The License granted hereunder is subject to the full payment of the applicable license fees as set forth in the agreement between you and us or our respective distributor.
11. Service Level Agreement
Service Level Agreements may apply with respect to our customer support and the operation of the AgriTask Site as set forth in the agreement between you and us or our respective distributor.
12. Information Description
We attempt to be as accurate as possible. However, we cannot and do not warrant that the content available on the Services, including the data generated by the Services, is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. We reserve the right to make changes in or to the content and such generated data, or any part thereof without the requirement of giving you any notice prior to or after making such changes to the content.
14. Customer Reference
AgriTask may use Customer names and logos in marketing materials, unless requested otherwise. * Only Applicable to new Customers as of 4/4/2018.
15. Warranty Disclaimers
- THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
- WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, THAT THE SERVICES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE OR THAT WE WILL CORRECT ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES OR THAT ANY STORED DATA OR ANY DATA GENERATED BY THE SERVICES OR AS A RESULT OF USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR RELIABLE, OR WILL NOT BE LOST, DAMAGE OR CORRUPTED. YOU AGREE THAT SCANTASK WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY THAT MAY RESULT FROM TECHNICAL PROBLEMS INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE INTERNET (SUCH AS SLOW CONNECTIONS, TRAFFIC CONGESTION OR OVERLOAD OF OUR OR OTHER SERVERS) OR ANY TELECOMMUNICATIONS OR INTERNET PROVIDERS AND/OR FROM ANY INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE DATA AND/OR FOR ANY LOST, DAMGE TO OR CORRUPTION OF DATA.
- IF YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ANY OTHER APP USER, YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH SUCH A DISPUTE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, BUT HAVE NO OBLIGATION, TO MONITOR ANY SUCH DISPUTE.
- Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so to that extent such exclusions may not apply.
16. Limitation of Liability
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SCANTASK BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, BUSINESS OR REPUTATION, THAT ARISES UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, OR THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES OR THE DATA GENERATED BY THE SERVICES, EVEN IF SCANTASK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- IN ANY EVENT, SCANTASK'S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES AND LOSSES THAT ARISE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, OR THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, SHALL NOT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNTS, IF ANY, ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU TO DISTRIBUTOR FOR USING THE SERVICES WITHIN THE THREE (3) MONTHS PRECEDING THE DATE OF BRINGING A CLAIM.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless AgriTask, our affiliates, our respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of, or inability to use, the Services; (ii) your violation of this Agreement; and (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right. Without derogating from or excusing your obligations under this section, we reserve the right (at your own expense), but are not under any obligation, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter which is subject to an indemnification by you if you choose not to defend or settle it. You agree not to settle any matter subject to an indemnification by you without first obtaining our express approval.
18. Export Laws
You agree to comply fully with all applicable export laws and regulations to ensure that neither the Services nor any technical data related thereto are exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation of, or used for any purposes prohibited by, such laws and regulations.
19. Updates and Upgrades
We may from time to time provide updates or upgrades to AgriTask or the App (each a “Revision”), but are not under any obligation to do so. Such Revisions will be supplied according to our then-current policies, which may include automatic updating or upgrading without any additional notice to you. You consent to any such automatic updating or upgrading of AgriTask or the App. All references herein to the App or AgriTask shall include Revisions. This Agreement shall govern any Revisions that replace or supplement the original release of AgriTask or the App, unless the Revision is accompanied by a separate license agreement which will govern the Revision.
20. Term and Termination
- This Agreement is effective until terminated by us or you. We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and to cease provision of the Services in case you breach any term of this Agreement including without limitation, for the use of the Services for Plots not agreed upon in the applicable agreement between you and the distributor and not reported to AgriTask upon signing or renewal of such agreement with the distributor. If you object to any term or condition of this Agreement or any subsequent modifications thereto, or become dissatisfied with the Services in any way, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the Services.Without derogating from the aforesaid, you shall not have any claims with respect to AgriTask with respect to such termination hereunder and you hereby waive any and all rights to any compensation whatsoever and to any remedies whatsoever with respect to such termination.
- Upon termination of this Agreement, you shall cease all use of the Services. This Section 19 and Sections 2 (Restrictions), 7 (Intellectual Property Rights), 8 (Third Party Open Source Software), 13 (Privacy), 14 (Warranty Disclaimers), 15 (Limitation of Liability), 16 (Indemnity), and 20 (Assignment) to 23 (General) shall survive termination of this Agreement.
These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you but may be assigned by AgriTask without restriction or notification.
We reserve the right to modify this Agreement at any time. Such changes will be effective ten (10) days following posting them on the Site or the App. Your continued use of the Services thereafter means that you accept those changes. We therefore encourage you to check the Site and App regularly to view the most current Terms.
23. Governing Law and Disputes
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Israel without regard to its conflict of laws rules. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Tel Aviv-Yafo, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may seek injunctive relief in any court of competent jurisdiction.
This Agreement, and any other legal notices published by us in connection with the Services, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and AgriTask concerning the the Services. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and any such legal notices, the terms of the applicable notice shall prevail with respect to the subject matter of such notice. No amendment to this Agreement will be binding unless in writing and signed by AgriTask. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and a party's failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Your hereby confirm that you will be responsible and liable towards AgriTask for any breach of this Agreement by your employees, consultants and any one on your behalf that will use the License. YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION THAT YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Last updated: April 3, 2018